Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Can't See the Buggers for the Trees

So how do you become a wildlife photographer when you can't see the animals for the trees? No idea. Do it on the African plains instead maybe? Not only is alot of the wildlife here quite small, but being in the dense jungle makes them really hard to spot. I'm slowly giving up on the idea of trying to learn it all myself. I've tried out a few of the local guides...
They will walk along next to you, suddenly get all excited and point into the trees. You won't see anything. So they set up the scope and you look down it. There is this colourful animal clear as day. You move away from the scope and then spend the next 10 minutes trying to figure out where it actually is.
So even the normal tourist guides bring the places to life. I've walked back through the same places and hardly seen anything. I'm starting to get the hang of it though. Well a little.

No comments: