Friday, June 8, 2012

Never Change Planes in the US

Over the years of travelling to from the US, I've always had problems changing problems in the US. Invariably a storms comes in and ruins things.


It turns out that at Dallas-Fort Worth airport they can't handle thunderstorms (which come in regularly). When the lightning is close the airport staff can't even be in the ramps onto the plane as they're not lightning proof.

The airport was closed for 4 hours. Then there was a long enough gap to get us on the plane, but it came back in again, so we couldn't reverse out of the parking space.

I arrived in San Jose, Costa Rica just before midnight and the Hostel that Raleigh had booked us into wouldn't let me in. So I had to stay in the neared Best Western. It did mean I got a really good nights sleep, after a very bad day.


No comments: