Friday, May 3, 2013

Finally Heading North

Well after all this faffing around I'm finally heading north.

The first day I managed about 500 miles and stopped just south of Eugene Oregon. I confess... I used a motel!!! By the second night I made it to Whidby Island just east of Seattle. Now the scenery is fantastic. So Tuesday night I camped at Deception Pass.

Beautiful location in the middle of nowhere. Right on the waterfront but right next to the local Air Force base. Fortunately the lads were in the pub and not shattering the stillness.




2 comments:

Stephen said...

I drove to the same area this weekend... Well Vancouver Island. It's unbelievable how perfect the weather was... Have a great trip!

Unknown said...

Dave, you should have dropped in on Aunty Betty and Fred, they'd have loved to have a "foreigner" visit.