Saturday, May 11, 2013

No Need to go Further


On one of the ferry rides through the San Juan Islands, I overhead a fellow passenger, also struck by the beauty of the the place, say "It's just like an Alaska cruise". And yes it felt that way.

Then I stayed for just under a week with some good friends in Vancouver. Amidst all the pessimism of us Humans destroying the planet, Vancouver is one of those places where the wildlife is returning.


While I was there we heard that Beaver had returned to Stanley Park. 'Beaver Pool' has been empty of beaver for quite a while... until recently. So myself and Darren headed out beaver hunting just the other night. It was more successful than usual!

I'm starting to think that there's no real reason to travel into the wilder places. Maybe I should stay in the urban areas and let it come to me.

Vancouver even has art!


Now I'm headed for the Rockies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not touching that "Beaver Pool" comment :)

Dave said...

Someone has to bite.